From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:15:47 -0600
At 05:40 PM 6/11/99 , Arif Ullah wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I intend to install the SETI screensaver program. What I'd like to know is,
>if I have to reinstall it later ( as I frequently do cleanup of my HD and
>reinstall Win 98) will I have to reregister everytime?

No, when you install it and remove the program, you are still registered
at SETI.   The next time you install, use the same E-mail address in the
setup program when connecting to Seti, your packets are credited to your
Email address.   Since no one will particularly wish to process packets only
to have them credited to someone elses email address, they only use this
as the identifier of the user.

The same follows with using mulitple computers to process Seti packets.
I currently have three systems processing packets to one Email address
and all are credited to that one email address.

One additional note about the new client software:  It has not been released
as of this morning, though it was due out June 10th.  I will notify everyone when
the new client is available.   We could use some additional Team members for
Team NOSPIN...  we are falling a bit behind in the rankings.
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_1030.html

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org