From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 00:25:35 -0400
I may not be reading the question "just right"...
If he only added software, and that included DiskManager,
I think he may have wiped out his hard drive information and data.
As far as I know, DiskManager is not something you "add" to an
existing, working hard drive that was set up properly from the
beginning. I (and the list) would need a lot more info before I /(we)
could make a reasonable guess about this.
What was your friend trying to do with DiskManager?
               Rick Glazier

From: Blair Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
> Having a hard time with a friends computer.  All was fine until he added
> some software (QEMM, disk manager, etc).  Computer stopped working properly,
> will not boot.
>
> He opened the lid, moved cards around, plugged and unplugged cables, etc.
> etc.  Hopefully he knew what he was doing !!!!
>
> Now he brings it to me.
>
> BIOS seems to be intact.  The BIOS info screen shows, but then the cursor
> will simply flash.  I have double checked all connection, no problems.  I
> have even removed all cables to the HDD controller card except the FDD.  The
> computer will not boot from the HD or FD.
>
> I now suspect a HDD controller (but if I unplug the cable to FD I get an
> error) or the MB.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com