From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 20:01:32 -0700
Larry,
I didn't think about the power thing, but I can't use a different pigtail
because there is only one with the floppy plug on it.  I could plug a
different pigtail into the CD-RW, whose plug the floppy plug comes from.
I'll try that one.  I can't test the floppy in DOS because it won't run.  I
tried to boot from the Win 98 start up disk, but it didn't even show up
during the boot.  I know Windows sees this drive, as does the BIOS.  When
Windows doesn't see a drive I can't see it in Powerdesk 4.  I can see it in
Powerdesk and in my computer, so I know the mobo is not dead.  The power
supply thing seems like a longshot, but since there is little left, I'll try
that next. Thanks, Joel

Joel;

The registry hack wouldn't effect the floppy in dos.
When you say it sounds like "like a car with a weak battery" I wonder if it
is getting correct voltage?
You might try a different floppy power pigtail on the powersupply
Make sure the boot drive order in bios is set to boot first from the floppy
.

>If I try to access it the LED lights up and it tries to spin, but just goes
uh, uh, uh
> like a car with a weak battery.  Device manager says the floppy controller
> is working, both in Windows and in safe mode.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml