Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:47:33 -0700
I'm happy that you're happy, but my friends, who have the slower
package, are not so pleased. Both often receive speeds in the 100K
range, not the 500K advertised.
One is often unable to connect at all, and the other runs into the
bandwidth limit quite often, resulting in a slow-down of his service.
Neither speaks well of customer service.
Neither are these folks, or the other 197,000 Google hits on "Wild Blue
complaints:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/wild_blue_p2.html
So, I stand by my  comment, which is totally accurate, especially when
comparing apples to apples.
I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it when they have no
alternative and can afford it, but it's a very pale imitation of
broadband.
YMMV.