From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:03:43 -0500
I am assuming that you have a formated hard drive with no operating system
on it.  You probably can use the Win98 upgrade disk to install Win98, if you
can get hold of some Win95 install diskettes or CD.  You just need to show
the Win98 upgrade installer these Win95 disks to continue.  Chances are the
Win98SE upgrade CD is one of those that requires windows to be installed
before it will operate, so you can make use of it, once you get Win98
installed.

The Dell website may be the easiest place to go to find drivers for your
system.  I think that you can look up the model of the system (or perhaps
even input its serial number) in order to get a list of the components
installed that will require drivers.  From there, they probably have new
enough drivers available for download that you can install.

Without knowing exactly what processor or how much memory this sytem has,
I'd say that chances are it will run Win98SE better than it will WinXP.

John