From:
Rosie Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:30:10 -0800
I had an electrician in just last month because the outlet where the computer
is plugged in had a loose wire.   It didn't affect the computer but turned off
everything else that was connected to the other circuit in that plug.  (I hope
that makes sense).   Anyway, I'm hoping that because I had someone in so
recently that the electrical outlet is not the problem.    However, I will also
water the ground outside.   I hope my ignorance of electricity isn't showing.
I think that's what you meant when you said the dirt around the grounding rod
was dry.   (I obviously don't know what or where the grounding rod is.   I'm
assuming the grounding rod would be underground in my yeard.   Rest assured, if
it's something inside the electrical outlet... I won't be watering it. <g>)

Meanwhile, my mouse has stopped shocking me BUT it now freezes up every time I
boot up and the only way I can get it to work is to go to the control panel and
then select refresh.   I just recently installed a Multi-media keyboard.
Looking real quick in the control panel, I don't see any conflicts - but, I'm
only looking for the yellow exclamation mark or devices on the same com
port.    I haven't had a chance to load the software for the keyboard yet.

If the problem is a faulty ground, is it possible the electrician missed it
when he was out?   Is there a way for me to know for sure that is the problem?

Rosie Richter