From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 10:38:31 -0700
It is my understanding that as long as the max. resolution is greater
than 1440X900, you can throttle down to that resolution. In fact, the
video card will probably not let you set a resolution higher than the
monitor can handle. I went to Newegg.com, a reputable retailer (there
are others), and did an advanced search under desktop video cards. I did
not have to specify a max. resolution since all the video cards they
sell exceed your desired resolution. I first specified a 4X/8X video
card and then I specified a DVI output. The result was at least 39
different video cards. During your selection you should check the 1.5V
and the 1440X900 resolution with the video card manufacturer to be sure
of compatibility.

Tom

Michael wrote:
> At work I have a Precision Desktop 340 that I use as my workstation. We recently replaced all of the CRT monitors with flat screens and I ended up with the only "wide" screen out of the group. Its designed to operate @ 1440x900 and the factory RAGE 128 Pro just can't cut it!
>
> The motherboard supports AGP 4X cards that use 1.5-V signaling. I would like to find a graphics card with DVI out that can handle the 1440x900. I've looked and this doesn't seem to be an easy find. Any ideas?!?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml