From:
John Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:38:18 -0400
I believe they all use WinChip processors.  I've used the Evergreen 200Mhz
ones in Compaqs with good success.  The Evergreen uses a mini circuit board
to override the system board's clock multiplier for older boards that don't
support X3 multipliers.  It comes with a diskette that will update your bios
if needed for maximum compatibility.  I can't speak for the others.  Another
alternative, for a similar price, is a new case, system board, and
processor.  Then move your other parts over.  That would cost you about $30
more, but get a non-proprietary layout system.  I can suggest some vendors
off list.  I know of some system boards with audio and video on the board if
yours is integrated.