From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:00:25 GMT
Susan,

Most parallel scanners have a pass-through port that allows you to attach
another parallel device to it.  You can attach your scanner directly to the
parallel port, and your printer to the scanner.  As long as the printer is
not networked, this should be no problem.  If it is networked, that opens
another can of worms which can be addressed in a subsequent post if
necessary.

Kyle

>From: Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Parallel ports.
>Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:28:48 EDT
>
>I have no more parallel ports that I can use in the back of my computer.  I
>have already installed and additional parallel port for my fax machine.  I
>would like to add a flatbed scanner which requires another parallel port.
>Since I can't add another one to the back of my computer, what do I need to
>do to accomplish this?  What is out there in the computer stores that I can
>purchase?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org