Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:56:21 -0400
Hi Ken:

You can download Dban software and make a floppy disk. It boots into linux.
You could than write zeroes to disk for one pass. This take time depending
on the size of hard drive. Then reformat and install OS from CDROM boot.
Make sure floppy and CDROM are listed before hard drive boot in your bios.
Good Luck

Richard F. Bolha

Website Design & More
www.Blackdragoncs.com

> RE: Reinstalling Win XP Prof fails
> John, Frank, thanks for responding.
> John, I did download the low level reformat program but could never get
> it to run -- an exe file for a hard disk with no operating system --
> just a partially loaded XP Pro.  Surely just my lack of knowledge -- but
> read on.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml