From:
loganmercury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:46:53 -0400

 Ok..and another way to go is to very...very carefully repack the 7600GT in
it's original box and send it to me..then I will test it out for 6 MOS. to
be sure it is bug free...what?  Don't like that idea huh? Oh well...lol

My thinking is that if a different PCI-E card (the original) will work in

This system, but not your new video card, you probably have a defective

Card.  However, I'm guessing that this 7600GT is a bigger card than the

X300; so, you might want to look carefully to make sure that this new card

Is fully seating itself in the PCI-E slot.  Make sure there isn't anything

On the motherboard and the video card that are bumping into each other and

Keeping the card from going all the way into the slot.

It's possible that the power supply isn't up to the task of running a more

Powerful video card.  It looks like the 7600GT doesn't have an onboard power

Connector; so, it will draw all its power through the PCI-E slot.  In

Theory, this should work fine, but it does mean that your power supply will

Have to be capable of feeding this much power to the motherboard.

Still, I'm leaning towards exchanging the video card for another and seeing

If you have better luck.

John Sproule

Date:    Sun, 3 Sep 2006 13:50:21 -0400

From:    Mike Beshers <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Upgrading Video Card

I recently purchased a PNY Verto 7600gt video card for my Gateway 700GR c=

Omputer, upgrading it from an ATI Raedon x300 se.  When I install the new=

  Card my system will not boot up.  The requirements state that a 300w pow=

ER supply is necessary (mine is 305).

  Should I request a RMA from n=

Ewegg and try a new card, or does it sound like there's a problem with my=

  PSU or motherboard?  MOBO is an Intel D915GSE, and there is a red light =

That flashes on the board when I have the new card installed, but not whe=

N the old one is in.

                     Visit our download web page at:

                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml