From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:19:28 -0400
HI:

The Pionex machine was built by Fountain technologies of NJ, which is now
out of business.  The power supply/fan was suppled by the case manufacturor
to them.  I have replaced many of them in the past as I used to work for
them indirectly.

You can find the fans easy enough, it's the connectors on the fan that you
may have to modify or splice and solder depending on what you find for a
replacement fan.

Is your case an AT or an ATX case?  A lot of the AT cases in the market,
the power supply and the switch were connected by spade lugs that made
changing the supply easy. Unplug from the switech and pull the supply.

Thier cases were not that way.  On their AT cases, the switch was usually
soldered to the power supply lead, and the lead came in 2 lenghts depending
if a 4-5.25 or a 2-5.25 bay case.  Either way you have to remove the power
switch as well as the power supply.  If you get a new power supply make
sure you get a power switch with it.  You can find replacement AT power
supplies for cheap money (used) as these cases are phased out and are being
discarded now.

If it's an ATX case usually any ATX ps/2 style power supply should fit fine.

Thanks,

Joe

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml