From:
jose castro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:46:36 -0800
thanks for the info. But something strange happened last night. Just after i had posted the problem I decided to give another try and when i did the pc powered up perfectly. After doing a little maintence with the os i decided to give the psu a test and had shut the pc down for more then fifty times each being a different way of startup.

Anyway the next day I had disconnected the pc and was preparing it to be taken back to its owner later that day and when the time came i took it to him and was embaressed when i told him to plug it in to try it out (i thought that the psu problem had surely been fixed) and it wouldn't turn on! it did the same has before the LED would flash and thats it.

I have a theory on whats the problem...I already checked everything on the MB and its components nothing seems to be wrong im about to remove all the pci and drives but my question is, is it possible that when i had removed the plug from the pc and let it stand disconnected could  the capacitors have discharged? maybe the psu had to be charged up or something.

Thank you for your time and knowledge im 19 and i've been working with pc's for 4 years and honestly this is the first time i had this problem. Im currently freelancing to learn more about pc repair and currently trying to get my A+ cert. eerrr again thank u for your time oh and uh forgive me for the bad spelling if any i have a bad headache at the moment.

Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Joe,
It's possible the M/B or another component was destroyed when the P/S blew.
I've seen physical damage to IC circuits (ie pieces of plastic blown off)
caused by power spikes from the P/S failure. The only thing you can do
after you're certain all the cables are connected properly is to remove all
peripherals and drives and see if you can get a response (ie BIOS beep
codes). If you don't, chances are the CPU and or the M/B fried. There is
also the slight possibility of a defective new P/S. You might want to
explore that avenue as well.
Michael

to At 13:29 1/17/2005, you wrote:
>My pc's power supply had lost 2 of its capacitors (after a Loud double
>poping sound. The original psu was from Deer computerc co. and it had 250W

PCBUILD's List Owners:
Bob Wright
Drew Dunn

 Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com