From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:10:40 -0400
I have a Lexar 128M USB Flash drive (AKA JumpDrive), and it says WinME
has the drivers built in. (I use it in XP-Pro.)

The camera is a different story. I use mine with a Card reader. (It did not need
drivers installed either, (on XPPro)

From: "Dean Kiley" <[log in to unmask]>
   I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to install a USB Flash drive. The instructions tell me to inert the disk into the cd
rom. Program and drivers install, then it tells me to plug in the flash drive and WME will install the drivers for the new hardware.
This is where the problem starts. I get a prompt that tells me Windows cannot find the USBNTMAP.SYS file. Windows needs the Windows
Millennium Edition disk to continue, so I do that, and it still cannot find the driver. If I skip that file, I get another prompt
that Windows cannot find the USBSTOR.SYS file. Both of these files evidently were not loaded into the .cab files upon install,
(clean install) and every attempt to locate them on the WME disk has failed.

I am having the same problem when I attempt to install a digital camera, and it appears as though the same files, or very similar
ones, (USBMASSSTOR.SYS?) are needed to complete these installations.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com