From:
John Hilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:20:14 +1000
I have an old bit of hardware (mpeg1 encoder card) which was originally designed for win95 although it says thay it should work with win98. I'm having some problems though, the drivers seem to install OK, but the software says that there is no plug and play info for the card.
I've done the usual tricks, unique interrupt, swapping pci slots etc but no change.
Somewhere I've heard that there are some subtle difference between win95 and Win98 *.inf files (or was that *.reg files).
Would anyone know where I could find more on this or have any other ideas?
Thanks
John

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml