From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:13:51 -0700
There is a known problem with this drive. You can check the Microsoft Knowledge
Base. But what you will need to do is contact Quantum. They have a listing for
an 800 # where you can call and get more info. The problem is in the Bios for
the Drive itself, and you can download a program from their BBS that will flash
it to correct the problem. You could probably FDISK this with DOS 6.22, but you
will still need the Bios flash in order to run Win9x correctly. One of the
symtoms is an error initializing I/O device when trying to run Win9x.

Good Luck  Steve Wolfe...

--
"Windows has detected that your mouse has moved. You must restart your
system for the changes to take effect."

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html