From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 16:46:48 -0700
Did the computer come with 32 Mb and you added 128 Mb?  If so, the 32 Mb
would most likely be in slot 1 closest to the center of the moboard in  most
cases.  Also, the 32 will be noticeably thinner than the 128. It really
doesn't matter if you remove both of them.  They should have stickers on
them saying what they are, and if they don't you'll be able to tell the 128
from the 32 just by the thickness of it.  Once you install the new 128
PC-100 your computer will recognize it without you having to do anything.
If you have a sophisticated moboard, you can fool around with settings in
the BIOS, but it generally isn't necessary to do that.  There is no setup
program after such an installation.

Currently I have 32mb & a 128mb of memory installed into my computer.
I would like to remove that 32mb of memory and install another 128mb of
memory. My computer uses the PC100 Dimm SDRAM memory. My question is how do
tell the difference between the 32mb of memory and the 128mb of memory that
is
installed into my computer. I dont want remove the 128mb of memory.

I would also like to know after installing the new 128mb of memory. Should
my computer just recognize the new memory installed or is there a setup to
perform after installing the new memory.

Thanks.

Kevin Scott