From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 19:38:35 -0400
Jeff:

1. If ME is already installed on the machine (your email said you have
three machines with ME installed on them), then you should be able to use
Doyle's procedure to get the Product ID# from the registry.

2. If not, and you're trying to install from scratch, since, 1) you're
not getting help from either the seller or MS; and, 2) you DO own the CD,
the practical way is to use the Product Key ID# from one of your other
machines. My experience is that they aren't CD-specific. If that doesn't
work, install from one of the ME CD's for which you DO have the PID#.