From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:23:28 -0500
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:39:10 -0400, Terrence Nolley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>    I was recently asked to looked at a friend's PC that was apparently
>struck by lightning.  Also attached to the power-strip (Not
>surge-protector) is a monitor and a printer.  Neither one of these
>devices was damaged. However, the HP computer has no power what so ever,
>after pressing the power button.  I've tried changing the power cable
>and the outlet without success.  Also, I didn't notice or smell any
>burnt components after opening the case.  Could someone tell me a step
>by step logical process for trouble-shooting such an issue.   Thanks
>
>                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>               articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>                          http://freepctech.com

I suggest that you first get the PSU checked out by someone who knows how to
test it properly, if you're lucky that will be all that has died and will just
require a replacement, I would not attempt to repair a PSU damaged by lightning
as the possibility of other components failing is very real.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com