From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:36:31 -0700
Hi Bonny,

Sounds like a possible thermal (heat related) problem, typically when
trying to debug these types of things you strip down the system to the bare
minimum. I have seen systems which will appear to just hang if the hard
disk is having a problem. Could be yours is non-responsive when cold, this
isn't uncommon for older drives. You can try disconnecting the hard disk to
see if you can get some response (like a POST or CMOS screen) in a
reasonable amount of time. Also disconnect any other drive (like CD or DVD
drives).

You can also try removing the LAN card since you say it gives error messages.

Once you have isolated that either of these components is causing a
problem, you can replace it.

If the problem still exists after disconnecting the drives and LAN card,
the next step would be to check the processor and memory and reseat them.
If you feel uncomfortable with these steps though, you may need to take it
to a qualified shop.

HTH,
Russ Poffenberger

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,