From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:02:23 -0400
Your DVD laser has probably died.. This is pretty common. These drives
are cheap and easy to replace.
The drive letter change suggests there was a partition on your C drive
that is no longer there. These partitions are common on many PCs.
If you have a Phillips screwdriver and a little patience we can help
you with this.
There is an excellent guide here:
http://freepctech.com/pc/001/installing_ide_devices.shtml