From:
Donna B Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:47:54 EDT
It is to a cd what a 45 was to an LP for us old timers.  10 to 1 it was a
"Quixstar" cd too, read Amway on the net. They're fixin to launch, but not
calling themselves Amway in this world.  Here, they're Quixstar.  Oh, for
those that don't have a little circular thing that you snap a cd into place
with, these mini cd's will still work.  You just have to line the round edges
on the mini cd up w/the round edges on the cd tray.  I don't know if they'll
work on a cdrom that sucks the cd into place though, haven't tried it on one
of those yet.

In a message dated 8/25/99 2:06:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I've just been handed a mini-CD...literally fits in your palm or shirt
 pocket, with two of the rounded edges cut off flat...I've never seen
 such a thing, but it plays in a standard CD player.  Has anyone else
 ever seen such a thing?  What kind of hardware would support it?  What
 would it be called?  (The person who gave it to me had it mailed to him
 and knows no other details.) >>