From:
Michi Imamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:32:14 -0800
PCBUILD members,

I was wondering when the release of the next generation of AMD CPU's is
gonna be?  Are there going to be any other advancements other than
speed?  What will the suggested retail value be?  Also, I am thinking
of upgrading my system.  I was wondering if it would be wise to just do
a Pentium II mobo upgrade or to wait for AMD's new CPU's?  I have a
200MMX w/ 32MB EDO RAM, 8x-speed CDROM, 33.6k Modem/soundcard combo, 2HD
1.2GB and 3.2GB, and running Win '95.  I know that AMD's next generation
is going to be socket 7 so I could just implement that to the Mobo I
currently have right?  I have a VX mobo.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Michi Imamura