From:
Daniel Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:54:51 -0500
Have you verified your Master/Slave settings?

It has always been my practice to not mix cd's and harddrives on the same
IDE channel if you can avoid it.  I would put the two cd's on the secondary
channel, and leave the harddrive as the master on your primary channel.

Also look at the DMA settings for your cds (device manager properties)and if
they are checked, try unchecking them.  If they aren't checked, enable it.
Enabled DMA allows the drive to access memory directly.  This is good, but
sometimes can cause trouble.

Also, make sure you aren't doing extra stuff in the background, scandisk,
virus check, other utilities that run hidden.

Regards,
Dan

I just built a new computer (900 MHz AMD Athlon, 128 megs ram)and I have yet
to get my burner working 100%.

I have my burner (8x4x24x) hooked up to an IDE cable by itself, but i have
my
48x cd rom as the slave of my hard drive. I'm using Easy CD creator. It lets
me burn stuff to a cd from my hard drive without any problem. When I try
copying a CD from my 48x cd rom to my burner it basically freezes my system
without even starting the test/burn, or at about 3% completion.

Any ideas as to what is cauing this problem? I'm thinking a separate IDE
cable for my 48x cd rom might help, but i didnt think it should make that
huge of a difference.

Carl Barnhart

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org