From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 04:26:13 -0400
I submitted this a few days  ago but it never appeared, as far as i know.

  My 1.2 Athlon, XP Pro, 2 EIDE HDD, CDRW,DVD+, -RW  ECS Board, SIS Chipset
is beginning to show signs of age and I'd like to build another. And my 60th
birthday is Monday, so I deserve a treat.

I'm looking for recommendations for motherboard, chip and vendors. I suspect
I want SATA, a fast Graphics card, and Decent Sound, as well as ethernet,
front USB, firewire and reliability.
I have only done this chore once, but I feel fairly confident I can handle
it again.
All my computers have been AMD, but I'm flexible. Reliability is very
important.
I do a lot of graphics work, am fond of games but not as much as I used to
be, have a cable connection and spend several hours a day using the machine.
Video editing has intrigued me recently.
My preliminary research suggests an out fit called Zip, Zoom, Fly is a
reliable vendor http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp
I admit to being overwhelmed by the choices and appreciate any assistance I
can get.
My budget is undetermined at the moment, but I suspect $1500-$2000.00 is
doable.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml