Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:47:27 +0300
Well, the price of this Soyo is amazing, but for various reasons, it
doesn't suit me:

a) There is no store in my area that sells it (and I live in Israel, so I
cannot order it online, from the US).

b) It has only 3 PCI which is a problem in my case. At the moment, I use 3
PCI slots (1: SCSI, 2: sound card (better than the internal one of the
Soyo), 3: modem-fax), and I have an ethernet card, which I might use when
I upgrade my connection to ADSL (I prefer it over USB connection, and
mainly because I already have such a card).

c) I guess that it is a mistake in the specification, and that it supports
my Celeron 800...

d) It uses the Via Apollo pro chipset, so I guess that its performance is
not higher than the TUSL/2 and the Gigabyte, or DFI (all of them use the
815EP).

But you say that you won't use Gigabyte motherboards... should I
understand from it that you do not have good experience with them? Or
perhaps you heard something?

I got in the past quite excellent opinions about some of their Pentium IV
motherboards, and this is the reason why at the moment from the list I
mentioned, I tend towards them, but I don't have specific knowledge about
this model, and on Usenet (via Google) I found very little discussion
about it.

Uzi