From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:02:14 -0800
Before DSL came to my neck of the woods, I had a successful network of 4
computers running through a G-band router/hub. They connected to a host PC
that had the modem and dial-up using Microsoft's ICS (Internet Connection
Sharing). I haven't had any experience with AOL's dialer; however, if ICS
can't prompt AOL's dial-up, you may find one reason to drop that service in
favor of a TCP/IP-based dial-up. I have a strong feeling you can still use
AOL as it is on the Internet Explorer list of connections.

HINT: if you have little network experience, be sure to have a USB jump
drive handy because at the end of the ICS host setup, it will ask you if you
want to install a setup disk. This USB setup disk will make the setup of the
client computers effortless.