From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 18:44:47 -0400
If you're using XP or 2000, create your System partition when you
install the OS. Create the additional partitions with Disk Manager when
the install is complete.
I'm not sure your system would actually work. Would you really be able
to avoid re-installing the programs in the event of a crash? You'd have
to change the default install of every program, and you'd have to
re-create some of the info in Documents and settings.
Does anyone know the answer?

chipo chika wrote:
> I always partition hard drives whenever we buy new pc's. I usually make
> 3 partitions: system, programs and data. I do this to safe guard data in
> case of corrupt system files and a format is inevitable. Also the
> prgrams are isolated so that I dont need to re-install them whenever the
> OS is re-installed. Whats the best way partition drives?

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads