Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 01:51:00 GMT
Folks,
I worked at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory for 40+ years and about 15 years ago, we lost a hard disk, but desperately needed the data that was on it.  As I recall, there was a California company that did the recovery, they had to disassemble the device in a clean room and remount the disk itself in their drive.  The cost was something like $5,000. I can, perhaps, obtain the name of that company if one is really interested.
Lewis E.

-- Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

There are data recovery companies which can mount your hard drives disc
in another drive body to recover data from them. These companies are
expensive so balance their cost against the cost of recreating the data
you need to recover. Look for them with "data recovery" as a search term
on google and I'm sure you'll find them listed.

Later, Ray Parrish

Rivera, Lydia wrote:
> I don't think so that happened to my sister and nothing could be done
> she lost all the information she had there.
>

> Lydia Rivera
> Multi-Component Secretary
> Worcester Head Start
> 770 Main Street