Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:54:54 -0500
I tried to upgrade my eMachines 466is by adding a 40 gb Quantum HDD.
The BIOS would not register it as a slave drive.
Contacted eMachines Tech Support to see if BIOS could be upgraded, and if not,
what is the largest size HDD which is supported.
They couldn't tell me what size dive it could take, and suggested I contact the
HDD manufacturer to obtain a DDO (Dynamic Disk Overlay).
I've been told this is not a good solution, and upgrading the BIOS is the best.
My machine has a Florida - TG/TGA Micro ATX motherboard.  I have not been able
to find any info on this manufacturer, to see if they could provide me with a
BIOS upgrade.  Any suggestions?