Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:04:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/04 12:28:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I hope someone can come up with an answer.  I have a Canon I850 printer =
> that has a clogged printer head.  I have run ink thru this head trying =
> to clean it according to the book, but no success.  Does anyone have a =
> suggestion for cleaning this head after removing from the printer.

I have two printers and one is an Epson 480SXU. When I thought the Epson
printer was kaput, I had boxed it up and purchased a Compaq ij1200. The Compaq
uses built in heads on the ink tank, so every time the ink cartridge is replaced
I get brand new heads. The Epson has ink reservoirs that are placed on top of
the ink nozzle carriage. I remember someone posting a similar question in this
forum and the reply was careful cleaning of the heads with q-tips and rubbing
alcohol. I was able to "repair" my Epson in this manner and it works well.  I
keep a bottle of alcohol and q-tips handy by the printer now. The alcohol was
applied to the orifice in the print head carriage using the little plastic
spray tube that comes with spray cans (like WD-40 or compressed air) and dipping
it into the alcohol, placing your finger over the end, drawing it out and
putting the tube over the hole for the print nozzles. It fits nicely and allows
for a certain amount of control. Hope this helps.

Chris ryan