From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:34:09 -0700
At 06:43 AM 03/30/2001, Paul Tiwana wrote:
>Hi Friends,
>At the end of the day when I try to shutdown my computer, it reboots
>itself. It refuses to go to bed.
>Finally I hv to shut it down from its Close button or power bar.
>I applied scandisk,  RegCleaner,  Norton system Check, sfc, defrag, scanreg
>/fix  etc,  but nothing worked.
>This erratic behavior started suddenly two days back. It was shutting down
>normally ever since I installed win98SE.
>I hv Dell 450, 128 RAM, 26GB HDD etc
>Any help or tip will be appreciated.

I cannot give you a definitive answer on this issue, but I have a few
ideas that I would try:
1) Try installing the WIn98 shutdown bug fix:
      http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files007.shtml
2) Check for a boot sector virus, there is one that will do this, though
      I forget the name of the virus.
3) Check for a hardware conflict in your Device Manager, a conflict
     could be triggering an issue when the system shuts down causing
      Win98 to reboot.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group