From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 18:36:24 -0600
I have an old Dell Computer with a 150 Gig hard drive running WinXP SP2.
It has always worked great although it is getting old and slow. I
recently deleted some data files and uninstalled some old programs. Now,
My Computer does not show the CD/DVD drive and I can't access it with
Windows Explorer.

The CD/DVD drive does show up in Device Manager and it says the device
is operating properly.

  I shut down the system, waited a few minutes, and then restarted the
system. The drive still does not show up in My Computer or Windows Explorer.

I must have deleted something or done something to cause this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a printer to install if I
can get the system to recognize the CD/DVD drive so I can install the
drivers.

Thanks in advance.

Loy

--
On Judgment Day how are you going to tell God you haven't read His book??
Bible Study: http://www.ibtministries.org/pagevw.php?pgid=bcc.htm

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml