From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 11:36:45 -0400
Hello Philip,

Long question ,but hopefully helpful short answer :

  http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/40-Can-TeamViewer-be-used-within-a-local-network-LAN-only.aspx

However, this is the answer w/o going to the website:

Quote: "Can TeamViewer be used within a local network (LAN) only?

You can establish Remote control sessions on your local network directly by using IP addresses or computer names. By default this feature is deactivated because software firewalls may open an acceptance dialog when configured this way.

To activate the LAN mode in TeamViewer full version and Host module:

In the menu click on Extras and then on Options

On the General tab activate Accept incoming LAN connections

When selecting accept exclusively it will display the IP-address of the computer in the ID-field.

A connection can now be established using the IP-address or alternatively using the host name."