From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 02:46:15 -0800
On 5 Sep 00, at 17:33, Dharam Bhardwaj wrote:

> I am attempting to add a Window95 machine into an existing network
> on a Windows 2000 server via TCP/IP. The machine is refusing to see
> the network. The server runs DHCP and has a pool of addresses that
> are assigned dynamicaly . The NIC on the win95 machine is ok. If I
> add the netbeui protocol, then the win95 machine is able to see
> another win95 machine but not the server. Without netbeui, there is
> nothing. The windows 95 network settings are the usual, nothing
> special, for example, no ipx, no netbeui. The tcp/ip configuration
> is the standard stuff - wins resolution is disabled, gateway is
> blank, dns is disabled, ip address is obtained automatically. In
> fact, the other win95 machine with similar settings has worked fine
> for a long time.
>
> I can't see what I might be overlooking.  There are no conflicts.
> I have tried a  different NIC as well.
>
> Dharam

  Can you provide more details?  Are you using a hub or co-axial
cable?  How many machines are on the network?  What is the server's
address?  Can you give an example of address/netmask/etc that this
workstation has obtained from DHCP, and one obtained by the machine
that works?

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org