From:
"Schroyer, Dale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:32:00 -0500
        I am sorry if I was not clear but I did not say that Dave should
use a disk overlay. I simply said that if it was needed EZdrive 9 would
detect it and install it if the user says ok. The point being that EZ
Drive 9 reviews the system and does a good job of detecting what you
need. It also make the file transfer, master disk change process much
simplier as well. I recommend it highly.

         In my friend's case his PC did not have an LBA bios and he did
not have any spare slots to install the expansion card into (he only
started with three). It was a very old system (circa 1990). I in fact
counseled him to replace the whole system since it is only a 486DX50 but
he was not prepared to do that at this time.
Dale Schroyer                   [log in to unmask]
Springfield, MA  "Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious"
 ----------
From: Roxanne Pierce
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Win95 and adding 2nd hard drive
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 2:26AM

Disk overlays are evil.  They can cause many problems, both during
operation of
a system (because it tends to slow the system down, and many utilities
cannot
deal with them), and especially down the road if data needs to be
removed from
a hard drive having a problem.  Western Digital tech support also hates
disk
overlays.  The only person who might have an excuse for using a disk
overlay is
a person whose I/O system BIOS does not support LBA, and who cannot
afford
$40-$50 for a supplemental I/O card that can.

If a system has LBA support in its BIOS, which Dave does, he should not
use the
EZ drive disk overlay.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]

On Wednesday, March 11, 1998 07:04, Schroyer, Dale
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
wrote:
>         Dave,
>         I would suggest that you visit the Western Digital website.
They