From:
"Samantha Antone (BridgePath)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:12:31 -0700
I have a problem with sound on a WIN98SE machine as well. Please help if you
can.

I recently re-built my PII-233 and everything is great except for sound. My
Control Panel shows unknown devices connected, and DOES NOT show the sound
card anywhere - but installation goes through without a hitch. The
plug-and-play did its thing and the drivers installed fine.

Programs that would normally not work unless it were hooked up fine are ok
and act as if they are running CDs, media files with sound, etc.

I have no beeps or anything coming from my computer either. I have a hunch
that part of it are the power jumpers on the motherboard - could that be a
safe assumption -  to check and test that first? I don't want to touch them
if I don't have to.

That's really all I can offer as a way to explain the problem. I have a
great speaker and box system that works on other computers and is hooked up
correctly according to same.

Puzzled,
Sami

Sami Antone