From:
"1336don ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2015 13:18:09 +1000
Paul

Here are my notes on repairing a corrupt User Profile. (Hopefully, it's the
profile that's corrupt---not the user!).

It's not an uncommon problem in W7. Possibly (this is only my guess) caused
by a Windows update gone wrong, as I've generally only noticed it on
computers with Updates turned on.

Touch wood, I've never had to go beyond step 14.

"The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

If there is another administrator account that you can log into, then jump
to step 7 after logging into that account.
However, if you can't get to any accounts at all, then start at step 1.

1. Restart your computer and hit F8 multiples times until you see a
menu-like screen, if you see the Windows splash screen then repeat this step
2. Highlight and hit enter on Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Try logging in
there. If it still doesn't work, then go to step17
3. If you are able to login, once a command prompt pops up, type: net user
administrator password /active:yes (you can specify whatever password you
want for the administrator account.)
4. If you get a message saying "The command completed successfully", then
restart your computer by typing: shutdown -r
5. Boot up again pressing F8, but this time choose just Safe Mode.
6. You will be able to login as Administrator with the password you set in
Step 3
7. Hit (windows logo)+R
8. Type regedit
9. Once the registry editor opens up, look for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
10. In the left pane, find the one that starts with S-1-5..... and ends
with .BAK; if you don't find one, skip to step 15
11. Right click it and click Rename, then change the .BAK to .BK
12. Right click the one with the same numbering but without the .BAK and
add .BAK add the end
13. Right click the one that you renamed to .BK and clickRename, delete the
.BK
14. Eventually, you have switched the .BAK from the end of the second entry
to the first. That should probably fix your problem.
15. If you didn't find a .BAK then try this: Open Windows Explorer to
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Application Data
16. If you find another Application Data below the one you're on, then
delete it. That should probably also fix your problem.
17. If you can't login in Safe Mode, then reboot and hit F8 until you see
the menu again, then hit enter highlightingRepair Your Computer
18. Wait until all Windows Files finish loading, then hit Next when it asks
keyboard language.
19. Try logging in here also, choose your user from the dropdown menu, and
type the password, then jump to step 23
20. If that still doesn't work, then if you have your Windows Installation
CD still, put it in and restart your computer.
21. Hit F12 until you see a menu of boot options, choose Boot from CD
22. Choose keyboard language then hit next. Find Repair Your Computer from
a little below the center left.
23. Choose Open Command Prompt and type: net user administrator password
/active:yes (here again you can specify a password)
24. Close the command prompt and click Restart and jump to step 5

To disable the administrator account, type this in an elevated command
prompt: net user administrator /active:no
(Please note that there is a space between "administrator" and "password".)

as previously stated there is a space between administrator and password,
but there is NOT a space between the '/' and 'active'. once i figured that
out i was home free.  so it should look (provided the forum doesn't corrupt
the display) like this (note, word password should be overlaid with
whatever you would like as the actual password):

net user administrator password /actice:yes"

Don Penlington

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm trying to boot into a networked laptop but I'm off the network and the
> message is "The User Profile service failed the logon.  User profile cannot
> be loaded."
> I'm not currently connected to the network, but I thought I had signed
> into it successfully before I left the office for the Xmas break, which
> would usually allow me to sign on to the local computer.
> However, when I click on 'switch user' to try another id/password, I get a
> message - "to log on to your computer (not a domain), type EZYTCH\local
> user name".
> I've never seen that message before, and 'EZYTCH' doesn't even show up in
> a web search.  Is this something new or maybe some sort of new security or
> a virus/malware?  I've seen 'sign on to LaptopPH' or whatever the computer
> name is in the past, but that is not the computer name.
> For signing on, it doesn't recognize me that way either.  I'll try to sign
> on again next week when I'm back in the office, but that 'EZYTCH' message
> is bothering me.
> Paul
>                           PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>