From:
Jim Sudela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:15:54 -0600
I ran into the same type of problem about a week ago. Baffled me!  Started
taking things apart, removed the case,  removed all cards & what do you know
it started right up.  Started to return it to service & when I attached the
case & started up the sys the same type of problems occured.

Took it back to the bench.  Started to disassemble again, but this time,felt
that the problem might have something to do with a "short" being caused
somewhere around the case and the motherboard.  Lo & behold, as I was about
to slide the motherbrd out of the case, I noticed a screw, the type
typically used to secure the case or the cards, was wedged between the case
& the MoBo.  That's all it took. No BOOT problems since.
Take a good look for anything loose or foreign that might be causing
trouble.

Jim Sudela