From:
"Val. Okason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:43:12 +0000
My wife Toshiba laptop has been running great with the DWL G650 adapter on a
DI 624 router until she had a virus crash recently that wiped out all her
personal settings,she got her cousin re-install her OS and other
applications and he told her to go online and download the drivers for the
DWL 650 adapter card which she did and re.installed and plugged in the card
but it did not work;then I tried to do a clean re-installation from the OEM
CD, at first it told me that a particular file already existed but went on
and installed,I restarted the machine and plugged in the card ut there was
no "new hardware found wizard" I tried a couple of time and at a time it
showed me that a wireless connection has been detected and I tried to open a
webpage but there was no connection, instead the machined locked, after I
reboot I tried again, at first I could not see the card in Device manager,
and the add hardware wizard could not see it neither, when it finally did,
it could not be installed because a particular driver ar5211.sys could not
be found,even when I put the OEM cd and pointed the machine to \D: the
hardware could not be installed neither,now I tried to uninstall the drivers
but each time after running the setup uninstall utility,I still see the
Dlink in add/remove programs, and if I try to re.install the driver the
setup automatically goes to uninstall which anyways it doesn't do.also the
add/hardware wizard is not recognising the card. pls what do I do.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com