Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 01:14:22 -0600
HI,

You wrote:
>For starters, I'd recommend running Scandisk
>and Defrag if you haven't done so already. You
>can find them in Start, Programs, Accessories,
>System Tools.  Be sure to set Scandisk to
>automatically repair any errors. If this has
>happened alot, and you haven't ran Scandisk,
>you might want to set Scandisk to do a thorough
>scan also.

        Scandisk and Defrag have no effect on this.
Not only do these run in the background on a scheduled
basis via MSPlus, I have also manually run them
just to make sure this may not be the problem.  So, I
was thinking along these lines, too.

You wrote:
>Have you recently added any new hardware or
>memory upgrades?  My experience with the "blue
>screen of death" has always been hardware.  The
>last two times were memory chips.  One bad, the
>second was an incompatible chip.

        I've added no new hardware, so I'll have my
memory chips checked out by a tech.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

>I tried checking for VNBT at Microsofts
>Knowledge Base, but couldn't find anything so
>I'm not sure if this and the PPPMAC are standard
>Virtual drivers that come with Win95.  If I
>knew, I'd suggest copying the two to a temporary
>directory and then copy the "new" ones into the
>system directory, as things can sometime get
>corrupted.  I have them on my machine.

     I'll look into this. Thanks for taking the
time looking in the Knowledge base.  I searched..but
I searched for OE error.

>Lance Kephart
>Kephart's Korner
>http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/vista/7192