From:
"Ronald A. Roane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:52:37 -0400
I recently put together a system with a Celeron 266 OEM CPU,
ABIT BX6 MB, a dual fan/heatsink from Computernerd, and
128 MB of PC100 memory (Micron chips). I overclocked it to 400 MHz with
no problems. I didn't try running it at 112 MHz bus since I wanted to keep
the PCI bus at the standard 33 MHz. No modification to the core voltage
was required, but others have had to boost the core voltage to 2.1 or 2.2
volts. Excellent performance for little $$$$.

If you really want to try for 448 MHz (112 MHz bus), I would go for the retail
boxed version of the Celeron 266, since there has been more success with that
one than the OEM version. But 448 MHz is still iffy.

Ron Roane

>I have a friend who says that he has a Celeron on a 112 MHz bus with 8 ns
>memory and clocked at 400 MHz.  Says he can hold his finger on the
>processor chip it is so cool. He claims to have upgraded for about $ 300
>total. I personally have not seen it yet.
>
>Any other experimenters out there having similar success with souped up
>Celerons?
>

>Doug Simmons
>WWW Pager: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2402199

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**