Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:23:54 +1200
Jun, I note that in your comment about AC97, you refer to SoundBlaster
cards, and wondered if maybe you (or anyone else, natch) can comment on some
of the old Creative ISA SB16 cards.

I had one of these cards for years, shifting it from pc to pc as I upgraded
my systems and finally sold it when motherboards stopped providing ISA
slots.

My problem now is that I want to find the same card again, to put into a DOS
system for playing old games like Delphine's Flashback, and I can't remember
the card model.

I remember only that it was huge, around 12" long.  I've managed to locate
one that looks the same but it's labelled 'CT3600', which I think might be
an AWE32 card, not the same thing as my old SB16, which never failed to be
recognised in DOS, and performed flawlessly.

Another card which I bought sight unseen via the local auction website, and
which had been advertised as 'SB16', turned out to be a Soundblaster
Vibra16, a half-size model labelled on-card as a 'CT4180'

So - in a nutshell, what I'm trying to find out is: What is the model number
likely to be of my old SB16 card?  I guess it'll be 'CT..something', and I
don't imagine that Creative made too many models of these full-size ISA
boards.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown