From:
Glenn Josephson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:15:47 -0400
> I have the following equipment that I want to make work together. There is
> no USB support - obviously that would be much simpler - but it's not
there.

> * an old-ish laptop (Compaq Armada 1492) - one serial, one parallel and
one
> PS/2 -style port - Pentium I running Win95B
> * a PS/2 external mouse
> * a PS/2 external keyboard
> * a serial mouse
>
> Q1 - I can use the external kbd and the serial mouse together, but the
> serial mouse HAS to be plugged in at bootup, and is no longer useable if I
> suspend and resume the laptop. I think I've read that this is just how
> serial mice work, but I don't know if there's a solution?

That's correct. It's just how serial mice work.  When you suspend your
laptop, it loses the connection to the mouse and forgets that it's there
basically. I've never heard of any way around this.

> Q2 - I have been unable to get a PS/2 port splitter in my local hardware
> shops (South Africa). Does such a thing exist? If so, could you run a
mouse
> and a keyboard through it?

I've never seen one. You might check around on the web though.

Good Luck,
Glenn

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml