From:
"Maurice J. Reid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:40:00 -0600
I had a similar problem posted as "Browser goes to sleep", and received, as
you have, a number of good suggestions, from list members. Tried everything,
and I mean everything. Well almost. This losing of connection had been
happening since I acquired my Dell with xp Home O/S in June of this year and
it had been driving me nuts. My free Norton AV trial included with the Dell
expired last week and I uninstalled NAV and replaced it with Avast. Lo and
Behold, the disconnect problem simply disappeared and has not recurred. Not
only that but my browser speed has increased and a slow tedious boot-up has
improved dramatically. You might want to test uninstalling Norton AV if you
have it  (make sure you download Avast or one of the other freeware AV's
before uninstalling and replace immediately  with the freeware AV and see if
that resolves the problem.
Good luck

Maurice Reid