From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:44:50 -0400
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Recently I had some problems with my LaserJet 4,
>where it printed some things not quite correctly.

>Now, here is the question.  I want to buy a Visioneer
>PaperPort One-Touch scanner.
snip

>1) Will this work with my Laserjet 4 or will the EPP mess
snip

>2) I have a Primax  electronic switcher to permit sharing
snip

  The only thing you can do is to try it, and then work out
the "problems" (or not).  Get everything from a store with
a good return policy.
   You can solve a lot of problems by adding an IEEE 1284
Printer Port for the things you want to add. I have that
and an electronic switch too. (Older stuff on an older port.)
Lots of printer ports are "cranky" about hanging too much
stuff on them, and the older printer ports had no real standards
for anything other than printers connected to them.
  The only thing you can do is to try it, and then work out
the "problems" (or not).  Get everything from a store with
a good return policy.              Rick