Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:27:54 -0500
Jeff,
I had the same problem with 2 Epson 600 printers (bought at same time).  I finally took the one to a Epson authorized repair center.  They said the problem is the print head.  It needed replaced (hadn't been used very much).  Cost would be at least $120.  I wouldn't spend it, so dropped it off at the nearest dumpster.  Then, a year later the other printer went too (same problem, diagnosis).  It seems you can't let them sit very long without use.  As far as trying to clean it, I don't know.  Before taking it in for repair I looked at taking it apart to look at the printhead, but it was too complicated.  I use HP printers now, and never have a problem.  I know this doesn't help you much, but if the problem with yours is the print head, it's going to cost a bunch.

Byron Wolter