Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:44:29 +1000
Depending on which mobo you got, if it's a BX mobo, you don't need the
driver (win98 already included).
If it is a VIA mobo, you need to install VIA 4 in 1 driver, the driver
provided on CD usually is out-of-date version, you will need the latest
version from VIA's website.
If it is a i815/815E mobo, you need too install the intel chipset driver and
ATA controller driver. In case of 815 family mobo, the CD come with it may
already contain the latest driver, but for safety bet, just go to intel
website and download latest driver.
Basically, any mobo based on chipset that later than BX will need to install
driver for it, otherwise win98 doesn't know how to properly operate the
hardware, which may result loss of performance or even system crash.
Windows ME has much better chipset support, all major chipset are supported.

Jun Qian