From:
Brian McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:00:04 -0600
Are these Compaqs iPAQs?  (<-mostly curious...)

What I did was copy the c:\win98 directory to the hard drive on an othere
machine, reinstall the hard drive in the iPAQ and install the OS from
there... (Once I figured out how to actually get INTO an iPAQ....)

<sigh>

>From: Tim William <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] No OS on Compaq
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:26:37 -0500
>
>Here is the easiest way unless you prefer installing 15 floppies.  Go to
>this site
>http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/
>and make a network boot disk.  You'll need to find the driver on this site.
>Then setup another computer on the network with the desired OS's files as a
>share.  Once you boot to the floppy, you can enter the info needed to
>connect to the host sharing the files.  It can be a little tricky at first
>but it works great.  You will need to copy the files from the host to your
>harddrive once the network disk connects you to the host.  Good luck with
>this as a network install is not the easiest way to install an OS.
>Tim

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>