Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:29:46 -0400
>The best way to solve it without losing data (but losing all apps) is
>to Deltree c:\windows , then reload win98. If you have full backup on data,
>suggest do a fresh reload (format, reload all over again).
>J Qian

Or, if you don't have a backup, instead of deleting,  rename the c:\windows
directory (with ren command) right before you install the OS clean - that
way you can rescue things (especially I.E. users!) like your address book,
favorites, email, custom shortcuts you had made for your desktop and
start/program manager and quicklaunch bar, media files, cookies, and odd
files.  When done raiding, then delete the former windows directory while in
safe mode,  or from the deltree command in a DOS window.  Saves a lot of
time.

D'

                 Yankee Web Works
       http://www.yankeewebworks.com
ComputerWorks, NetWorks & WebWorks
                       Deirdre Wall
Voice Mail:1-888-392-4832 Ext: 110-777-7777

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html